3rd International Conference of the Slovene Association of LSP Teachers
Languages for Specific Purposes: Opportunities and Challenges of Teaching and Research
18–20 May 2023 in Rimske Terme Thermal Resort, Slovenia
We are calling for proposals for a face-to-face conference for LSP teachers and researchers willing to establish professional cooperation. The selected articles based on the contributions presented at the conference will be published in the Association’s online journal Scripta Manent (indexed in MLA, Erih+, DOAJ in LLBA) and in the conference proceedings in series Inter Alia.
Submissions are welcome in the following areas of LSP:
- LSP genre-based research
- LSP multimodal texts
- LSP lexicology and lexicography
- LSP translation studies
- LSP intercultural studies
- LSP language policy
- LSP teaching/learning
- LSP curriculum and syllabus design
- LSP teaching and learning materials design
- LSP language teaching methodology
- LSP assessment and evaluation
- LSP teacher roles and education
- LSP information-communication technologies
Abstracts should be submitted via: https://old.linguistlist.org/confservices/SDUTSJ2023
Each participant may submit one abstract in authorship and a second one in co-authorship.
Abstract length: 150–200 words. Key words: 4–6. Do not cite any references, figures or tables in the abstract. Due to blind peer review, do not add your name(s) or affiliation in the abstract attachment.
Submission languages and language policy
It is recommended that abstracts are written in the language that the paper will focus on: English, German, Italian, French, or Slovene. The working languages of the conference are English, German, French, Italian, and Slovene. No interpreting services will be provided.
Abstract selection criteria
All proposals will undergo a double-blind peer review process. The criteria which will form the basis for peer review are its relevance to the conference topics, the relationship between title and content, structural organisation, theoretical and/or contextual relevance, and clarity of claims. All abstracts must be proofread.
Please note that SDUTSJ strongly believes that conferences should provide opportunities for professional exchange: for giving and receiving feedback, in-depth discussions, and meeting colleagues with similar interests. Conferences are a space for dialogue. Therefore, we not only encourage discussions (5 min) following each paper presentation (15 min) but also require that papers should be presented only by their (co)authors. Non-author substitute presenters will not be allowed to present papers. Conference participants who will deliver their presentations in German, French, Italian or Slovene are kindly asked to prepare handouts in English for the audience.
Key dates for submissions and registration
- abstract submissions open: 1 October 2022
- abstract submissions deadline: 30 November 2022
- notification about abstract acceptance: 20 January 2023
- early registration: 21 January–20 February 2023
- standard registration: 21 February–20 March 2023
- late registration (for non-speakers only): 21 March–20 April 2023
- publication of the draft conference programme: 15 April 2023
- submission of manuscripts: 2 October 2023
Registrations are possible until the vacancies are filled.
Publication of papers
Selected papers will be published in:
- Scripta Manent, the peer-reviewed journal of the Slovene Association of LSP Teachers. The journal is indexed in MLA, Erih+, DOAJ, and LLBA
- Inter alia, a series of peer-reviewed conference proceedings published by SDUTSJ